DIG Mission, Vision, Values
Doctrine (what we believe):
- We affirm the doctrinal beliefs of BeFree Community Church.
- The church is a body gathered for equipping and celebrating and scattered for mission. (One body, many parts – I Cor 12:12-26; A chosen people – I Peter 2:9-10)
- Children are valued in God’s kingdom through an invitation to know and serve Him. (Let the children come to me – Matthew 19:14; Train a child up – Prov 22:6; The Lord teaches our children – Isaiah 54:13; Example of Timothy and Eunice – 2 Tim 3:14-15; Teach these words to your children – Deut 6:6-9)
- We are commissioned by Jesus to make disciples of children. (Great Commission – Matt 28:16-20)
Values (who we are):
- We value creating opportunities for children to hear God speak and to respond to Him in their own way according to their own level of spiritual and developmental maturity.
- We value spiritual formation that takes place in homes throughout the week while being reinforced in the gathering.
- We value partnerships with parents that equip and empower them to shepherd their children.
Mission (why we exist):
- We exist to help families encounter God and be equipped for life in Christ.
Vision (where are we going):
- We hope to have families involved in training their children in faith – through conversations, prayer together, and reflections on reading the Bible.
- We want to have classrooms staffed and prepared to serve families Sunday morning.
- We want to grow as a team and continue to improve our ministry.
Practices (what we do):
- We validate children’s questions of, and responses to, God and where appropriate, we provide instruction about God and His Word.
- We reflect on and celebrate children’s growth as Christ followers.
- We model for our church body how to validate children and celebrate signs of spiritual growth.
- We provide a caring, warm environment for very young children, so that their parents may worship without distraction.
Goals/Objectives (strategies and plans):
- We recognize and develop leaders who are passionate about children.
- We communicate with the church.
- We equip families.
- We continually evaluate teaching practices.