During July toddlers are learning about Samuel. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Reread stories of Samuel in storybook Bibles. Stories of his earlier life are in the Jesus Storybook Bible or Jesus Calling Bible.
- Re-enact the story of Samuel hearing God’s voice with your child. Your child can make a bed with blocks or pillows to rest on, and you can quietly call her name. She can respond, “I am listening!”
Preschool: The Great Pearl
Preschoolers are spending the summer exploring the Parables of Jesus.
- I wonder what could be so great that the merchant would exchange everything he had for the Great Pearl?
- I wonder what the Great Pearl could really be?
- I wonder how the merchant feels now that he has the Great Pearl?
Even if you don’t have a preschooler, summer is a great time to dive into a thematic Bible study as a family, so join us! Here are some resources to use while exploring Jesus’ parables:
Favorite Parables from the Bible by Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen
This book retells many of Jesus’ parables, and children will find the illustrations very humorous. You can borrow a copy from the DIG Library!
The inspiration for this CD comes from the parables of Jesus. The music, written and sung by Ellie Holcomb, Sandra McCracken, and other popular Christian folk artists, is enjoyable for kids and adults alike. This is one of our family’s absolute favorites!