DIG Celebration: May 21
Summer schedule begins: May 28 (DIG available for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers only)
Toddlers: Jesus Appears to His Followers
During May toddlers are learning about Jesus’ Ministry after the Resurrection. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Reread these accounts (Road to Emmaus, Thomas, Ascension, Pentecost) together in the storybook Bibles you have at home.
- Use your child’s figurines to retell the stories.
- Use binoculars to help children notice things far away that they hadn’t seen before; draw connections to the disciples’ experience “seeing” Jesus anew (Road to Emmaus).
- Fly a kite together. Discuss how the Holy Spirit was in the wind at Pentecost.
Preschool: The Ascension
Preschoolers are now hearing about the Early Church.
- I wonder how Jesus’ friends felt when Jesus went away?
- I wonder if they kept looking for Jesus?
- I wonder how they knew Jesus was still with them?
K-1st Grade: A New Way to See
Younger elementary children are now learning about the Early Church.
- I wonder why Saul disliked Christians so much?
- I wonder what it was like to hear Jesus’ voice on the road to Damascus?
- I wonder what changed Saul’s heart?
2nd-4th Grade: Peter Heals the Beggar (Acts 3:1-10)
Older elementary students are now focusing on the Early Church.
- I wonder what it would be like to have never been able to walk, like the lame man?
- I wonder why Peter and John told the lame man to look at them?
- I wonder how it felt for the lame man to walk for the first time?
- I wonder what it means that “faith through Jesus” has healed the lame man?
5th-8th Grade: Semester Review & End-of-the-Year Projects
Middle schoolers are wrapping up their year in DIG by creating special projects that reflect their growth in Christ this year. Students will share their projects at the DIG Celebration!