DIG Celebration: May 21
Summer schedule begins: May 28 (DIG available for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers only)
Toddlers: Jesus Appears to His Followers
During May toddlers are learning about Jesus’ Ministry after the Resurrection. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Reread these accounts (Road to Emmaus, Thomas, Ascension, Pentecost) together in the storybook Bibles you have at home.
- Use your child’s figurines to retell the stories.
- Use binoculars to help children notice things far away that they hadn’t seen before; draw connections to the disciples’ experience “seeing” Jesus anew (Road to Emmaus).
- Fly a kite together. Discuss how the Holy Spirit was in the wind at Pentecost.
Preschool-4th Grade: Review
Preschoolers and elementary students are reviewing the stories they’ve heard this year and choosing their favorite reflections to display at the DIG Celebration.
- I wonder what your favorite reflection was this year?
- What did you like about the reflection?
- What was your favorite part of that story?
- What do you still wonder about that story?
- How can we find answers to the questions you still have?
5th-8th Grade: Semester Review & End-of-the-Year Projects
Middle schoolers are wrapping up their year in DIG by creating special projects that reflect their growth in Christ this year. Students will share their projects at the DIG Celebration.