Tomorrow, May 28, our summer schedule begins. DIG classes for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers only will meet. A table of reflection materials and Bibles will be available for older children at the back of the sanctuary during the regular service.
Toddlers: Jesus Appears to His Followers
During May toddlers are learning about Jesus’ Ministry after the Resurrection. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Reread these accounts (Road to Emmaus, Thomas, Ascension, Pentecost) together in the storybook Bibles you have at home.
- Use your child’s figurines to retell the stories.
- Use binoculars to help children notice things far away that they hadn’t seen before; draw connections to the disciples’ experience “seeing” Jesus anew (Road to Emmaus).
- Fly a kite together. Discuss how the Holy Spirit was in the wind at Pentecost.
Preschoolers are now hearing about the Early Church.
- I wonder what it felt like to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost?
- I wonder what it was like for Jesus’ friends as they told the amazing things about God?
- I wonder what the Holy Spirit wants us to do with God’s gifts?