April’s Memory Verses
Toddlers-4th Grade: Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
(“Trust in the Lord,” Seeds of Purpose, Track 5)
5th-8th Grade: The Lord’s Prayer (from Matthew 6:9-13)
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.
7th-8th Grade: John 20:22-23
Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
Toddlers: The Miracle of Easter
During April toddlers are learning about Christ’s Resurrection. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Act out the story with your child using plastic or wooden figures.
- Create a box of Resurrection Eggs for children to explore.
- Read the accounts of this story from Sally Lloyd Jones’ Tiny Bear’s Bible or Jesus Storybook Bible.
Preschool: Jesus Appears to Mary
Preschoolers are now hearing about Christ’s Resurrection.
- I wonder what it was like to be going to Jesus’ tomb that Sunday morning?
- I wonder how Mary felt when Jesus died?
- I wonder how Mary felt when Jesus called her by name?
K-1st Grade: God’s Wonderful Surprise
Younger elementary children are now focusing on Christ’s Resurrection.
- I wonder what it was like for the guards to see the angels appear?
- I wonder what the women thought when they saw the stone rolled away and the tomb empty?
- I wonder what Jesus looked like after he was raised from the dead? What was it like for Mary to see him?
2nd-4th Grade: The Resurrection (Matthew 28:1-15)
Older elementary students are now focusing on Christ’s Resurrection.
- I wonder what the women thought when they saw the angel appear at the tomb?
- I wonder how they felt seeing Jesus again – alive!?
- I wonder why the chief priests needed to devise an excuse for Jesus’ body disappearing from the tomb?
- I wonder what Jesus’ resurrection means to you?