February’s Memory Verses
Toddlers-4th Grade: Matthew 4:18-20
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” (“Fishers of Men,” Seeds of Purpose, Track 10)
5th-8th Grade: Books of the Bible: REVIEW
7th-8th Grade: Phil. 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Toddlers: Miracles of Jesus
During February toddlers will learn about the Miracles of Jesus (Feeding the 5000 and Calming the Storm). Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Act out the stories with your child: use bath toys to retell Calming the Storm, and use play food to retell Feeding the 5000.
- Read the accounts of these 2 stories from Sally Lloyd Jones’ Tiny Bear’s Bible or Jesus Storybook Bible.
- Ask some wondering questions:
- I wonder how the people felt having a meal with Jesus?
- I wonder what it was like to be in the boat with Jesus during the storm?
Preschool: Jesus & the Paralytic (Luke 5:17-26)
In February preschoolers are hearing about the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder how the people feel about Jesus?
- I wonder how the man felt when he was paralyzed?
- I wonder how it felt to take his first step?
- I wonder how it felt to have his sins forgiven?
K-1st Grade: Captain of the Storm
This month younger elementary children are focusing on the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder if Jesus knew the storm was happening while he slept?
- I wonder what it was like to be in that storm in the boat?
- I wonder why the storm stopped when Jesus said “Hush!”?
- I wonder how Jesus can help stop some of the storms or fears in your life?
2nd-4th Grade: Jesus Meets with Nicodemus (John 3:1-21)
Older elementary students will also focus on the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder why Nicodemus came to find Jesus at night?
- I wonder what Jesus meant when he said, “Unless you are born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God”?
- I wonder why some people loved the darkness more than the light?
- I wonder if Nicodemus was satisfied with Jesus’ answers?
5th-6th Grade: How do we fight the spiritual battle? (Eph. 6:10-18)
Younger middle schoolers are continuing their study through the EFCA’s Statement of Faith.
- After discussing the spiritual battle last Sunday, were you more aware of it during your week? Where did you see the battle taking place in your life/heart/relationships?
- How can you ‘put on the armor’ in your daily life?
7th-8th Grade: Lights in the World (Phil. 2:12-18)
Older middle schoolers are reflecting on the epistle of Philippians during the winter/spring semester.
- Did God speak to you today as you were studying Philippians?
- What verses were particularly meaningful to you?