Tomorrow is our DIG Moment! Be sure to practice the Scripture verse!
January’s Memory Verses
Toddlers-4th Grade: Romans 8:28, 31
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose…If God is for us, who can be against us? (“If God Is For Us,” Seeds of Purpose, Track 9)
5th-8th Grade: NT Books of the Bible: Epistles (Romans – Revelation)
7th-8the Grade: Philippians 1:9-10
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.
February’s Memory Verses
Toddlers-4th Grade: Matthew 4:18-20
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” (“Fishers of Men,” Seeds of Purpose, Track 10)
5th-8th Grade: Books of the Bible: REVIEW
7th-8the Grade: Phil. 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Toddlers: Miracles of Jesus
During February toddlers will learn about the Miracles of Jesus (Feeding the 5000 and Calming the Storm). Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Act out the stories with your child: use bath toys to retell Calming the Storm, and use play food to retell Feeding the 5000.
- Read the accounts of these 2 stories from Sally Lloyd Jones’ Tiny Bear’s Bible or Jesus Storybook Bible.
- Ask some wondering questions:
- I wonder how the people felt having a meal with Jesus?
- I wonder what it was like to be in the boat with Jesus during the storm?
Preschool: A New Teaching (Mark 1:21-28)
In February preschoolers will hear about the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder how the people feel now that the unclean spirit is gone?
- I wonder who the people think Jesus is?
- I wonder what Jesus taught that was different than the scribes’ teaching?
- I wonder what this man will do now that the unclean spirit is no longer in him?
K-1st Grade: How to Pray (The Lord’s Prayer)
This month younger elementary children focus on the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder how people felt when they saw the “Super Holy People” praying?
- I wonder how the children felt when Jesus told them they could talk to God?
- I wonder how God can hear every prayer in the world?
- I wonder how I can pray to God?
2nd-4th Grade: Jesus Calls his Disciples (Matthew 4:18-25)
Older elementary students will also focus on the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder why the first disciples immediately followed Jesus?
- I wonder what their families thought when they left to follow Jesus?
- I wonder why Jesus chose to heal people?
5th-6th Grade: What is spiritual warfare? (Eph. 6:10-18)
- Where do you see the spiritual battle being fought in this world? What about in your own life/relationships/heart?
- Does it make you feel afraid or confident?
7th-8th Grade: Christ’s Example of Humility (Phil. 2:1-11)
- Did God speak to you today as you were studying Philippians?
- What verses were particularly meaningful to you?