February’s Memory Verses
Toddlers-4th Grade: Matthew 4:18-20
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” (“Fishers of Men,” Seeds of Purpose, Track 10)
5th-8th Grade: Books of the Bible: REVIEW
7th-8th Grade: Phil. 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Toddlers: Miracles of Jesus
During February toddlers have learned about the Miracles of Jesus (Feeding the 5000 and Calming the Storm). Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Act out the stories with your child: use bath toys to retell Calming the Storm, and use play food to retell Feeding the 5000.
- Read the accounts of these 2 stories from Sally Lloyd Jones’ Tiny Bear’s Bible or Jesus Storybook Bible.
- Ask some wondering questions:
- I wonder how the people felt having a meal with Jesus?
- I wonder what it was like to be in the boat with Jesus during the storm?
Preschool: Jesus Calls the Disciples
In February preschoolers are hearing about the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder how the twelve disciples felt being called to be with Jesus?
- I wonder how the twelve disciples felt about being sent to tell the good news of the kingdom of God?
- I wonder if the people wanted to follow the way of the kingdom of God?
K-1st Grade: Treasure Hunt
This month younger elementary children are focusing on the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder why the man sold everything he had when he found the treasure?
- I wonder what the kingdom of God is like?
- I wonder if you’ve found this treasure?
2nd-4th Grade: Jesus and Jairus’ Daughter (Mark 5:21-43)
Older elementary students will also focus on the Life and Ministry of Christ.
- I wonder why the woman touched Jesus’ garment?
- I wonder why Jesus healed so many people?
- I wonder how the little girl felt to be healed by Jesus?