December’s Memory Verse
Toddlers-4th Grade: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (“Be Joyful Always,” Seeds of Purpose, Track 12)
Toddlers: Jesus’ Birth
During December toddlers have heard the story of Christ’s birth. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Act out the story with your child, using a nativity set or costumes and props at home.
- Mold a nativity out of playdoh with your child.
- Talk about stables. What would it be like to sleep in one? How do you think Jesus’s family felt that first night with the animals?
Preschool: Christmas: Meeting the Christ Child
This week preschoolers arrived in Bethlehem to worship the Christ Child.
- I wonder how it felt to be in Bethlehem?
- I wonder how the people and animals felt about the baby?
- I wonder how this baby is a light to the whole world?
K-1st Grade: Light of the World
Younger elementary children focused on the birth of Jesus.
- I wonder why the one bright star was so important?
- I wonder what it was like for the shepherds to see the angels appear in the night sky?
- I wonder what “Glory to God” means?
- I wonder what it was like for the shepherds to meet baby Jesus?
2nd-4th Grade: Jesus’ Birth, Luke 2:1-7, 20
This week older elementary children continued their Advent reflections with the story of Christ’s birth.
- I wonder what the journey to Bethlehem was like for Mary? Joseph?
- I wonder why God chose a stable as the birthplace for Jesus?
- I wonder why God announced the birth of Christ to shepherds?