November’s Memory Verse
THIS SUNDAY: Children will have an opportunity to share their memory verse during the service! Be sure to practice at home.
Toddlers-4th Grade: Psalm 37:4-6, Seeds of Purpose, Track 7 – Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will do this. He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
5th-8th Grade: OT Books of the Bible (Minor Prophets) – Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habbakuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
During November toddlers have heard the story of Abraham. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
- Show your child the night sky and ask her to count the stars. Remind her that Abraham was promised that he’d have as many children as there are stars in the sky (Genesis 22:17).
- Ask your child, “Have you ever been on a long trip like Abram? What do you think he packed?” Act out packing for a long journey like Abram.
- Talk about the desert through which Abram and his family traveled to get to the land God promised. What’s it like to travel in a desert and what lives there?
Preschool: Exile and Return
- I wonder what it was like for the people of God to see the temple torn down and have to leave their home?
- I wonder what it was like to journey and live in Babylon, a strange land?
- I wonder why some of the people of God stayed in Babylon?
- I wonder why some of the people of God returned to their home?
K-1st Grade: God to the Rescue
- I wonder why Pharaoh hated God’s people?
- I wonder why Pharaoh changed his mind and said you can’t go?
- I wonder who the Rescuer will be that God will send to set the people of God free forever?
2-4th Grade: The Tabernacle, Exodus 40:1-9, 12-15, 34-35
- I wonder why the priests had to wear sacred clothing?
- I wonder which of the furnishings was the most interesting to you: the lamp, the ark, the altar, the basin, etc.?
- I wonder why setting up the tabernacle had to be done so carefully?
- I wonder what it was like when the Glory of the Lord came down on the tabernacle?