- If you haven’t done so, please return your family registration form! Thank you to all who have!
- Please bring a family picture to your children’s classrooms.
- Be sure to get a copy of Seeds of Purpose to aid your children in their Scripture memorization this year!
October’s Memory Verse
Toddlers-4th Grade: 1 Corinthians 10:31, Seeds of Purpose Track 8 – So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
5th-8th Grade: OT Books of the Bible (Poetry & Major Prophets) – Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
Some memorizing tips:
- Practice the verse at home and sing the Seeds of Purpose songs to help children really master them. Childhood is when our capacity for memorization is optimum so it’s never too early to start this rich discipline.
- Display the memory verse prominently in your home to remember to practice (pick up a copy at your child’s DIG classroom).
- For toddlers and preschoolers, start with 1 verse, and for older students try all the verses.
- For middle schoolers, use entertaining songs by performers like Slugs & Bugs to learn the Books of the Bible. Songs are available for free on YouTube.
Toddlers will spend October hearing the story of Noah and the Flood. Possible activities to do with your toddler:
*Using toy animals and figurines, act out the story of Noah, using a box as a pretend ark.
*Talk about rainbows. Share some beautiful pictures of them like these. Thank God for this reminder of His mercy and faithfulness to us.
Preschool: The Fall
Preschoolers will spend the next 2 months looking at stories from the Old Testament that display the arc of God’s redemptive story.
*I wonder why Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
*I wonder why Adam and Eve no longer knew how to be with God after eating the fruit?
*I wonder why they had to leave the garden?
Grades K-1: A New Beginning
*I wonder why other people didn’t believe that a flood was really coming?
*I wonder what it was like inside the ark?
*I wonder how Noah and his family felt when they got out of the ark?
Grades 2-4: Abraham & Sarah, Genesis 12:1-5, 18:1-15
*I wonder what it was like for Abraham and Sarah to leave their home?
*I wonder what Abraham thought about the fact that God promised him children but he was old and had none?
*I wonder what it was like to meet the 3 visitors from God?
*I wonder why Sarah laughed when they predicted she would have a child?