October’s Memory Verse
Children will have an opportunity to share their memory verse with the congregation during next week’s DIG Moment, so be sure to practice at home!
Toddlers-4th Grade: 1 Corinthians 10:31, Seeds of Purpose Track 8 – So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
5th-8th Grade: OT Books of the Bible (Poetry & Major Prophets) – Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
- Using toy animals and figurines, act out the story of Noah, using a box as a pretend ark.
- Talk about rainbows. Share some beautiful pictures of them like these. Thank God for this reminder of His mercy and faithfulness to us.
Preschool: The 10 Best Ways to Live
This semester preschoolers are looking at stories from the Old Testament that display the arc of God’s redemptive story, with this week’s focus on the story of the Ten Commandments.
- I wonder how it feels to be free? I wonder if it’s sometimes hard to be free?
- I wonder what Moses and God talked about on the holy mountain?
- I wonder if it’s hard to love God and love people?
- I wonder which is the most important law to you?
K-1st Grade: The Girl No One Wanted
Younger elementary children continued in the Jesus Storybook Bible with the story of Jacob and Leah.
- I wonder why Laban tricked Jacob into marrying Leah?
- I wonder how Leah felt when she realized Jacob didn’t want to be married to her?
- I wonder why Leah decided to praise the Lord anyway?
- I wonder why God chose to rescue the whole world through Leah’s family?
- I wonder what the angel of the Lord in the flames of fire looked like?
- I wonder why God told Moses to take off his sandals?
- I wonder why Moses was so nervous about speaking?
- I wonder what God meant when He said His name was “I AM”?