We had a wonderful morning upstairs in DIG, resuming our worship with children of all ages. Be sure to get a copy of Seeds of Purpose to aid your children in their scripture memorization this year!
We will spend the next month talking about creation by reading part of the creation account in God Made Our World (above). You might ask your child, “What are some things God created in your world?” Go on an exploration together and thank God for those things.
Preschool: Orientation to Worship
Preschoolers learned how to walk, talk, think, and pray in their worship space together. They spent time reflecting individually about what it’s like to listen to God’s voice.
- What do you think God’s voice sounds like?
- How can you get ready to listen to God?
- What does it look and sound like to prepare to worship God in preschool DIG?
Grades K-4: Introduction/Creation
Elementary children learned about the weekly rhythms of their classrooms and began to explore the Creation story.
- What did you draw during your individual time of reflection with God?
- What is worship like in your DIG classroom?
- What was your favorite part of the Creation story?
Grades 5-6: Introductions/John 1:12-13; Gal 3:26-29
Younger middle schoolers learned about the how the 5-6 room works. They did a community building activity, read scripture together, and decorated their DIG journal covers.
- Re-read scripture passages: How do we become children of God? What does life as a child of God look like? What does being a child of God mean to you?
- What did you draw in your journal?
Grade 7-8: Introductions/John 15:1-17
The older middle schoolers will spend the next few months exploring Jesus’ “I Am” statements in the book of John. Today they focused on what Jesus meant by “I am the Vine,” and spent some time getting to know one another.
- Re-read scripture passage: What does it mean to you that Jesus is the Vine? How does that influence the way you follow Him?